Please help! Malcolm importing strangely

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
AmberLD
Please help! Malcolm importing strangely

Post by AmberLD » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi! I'm beginning to use this fabulous Malcolm rig for my thesis animation, and I've encountered a problem when I import Malcolm into my main scene file. The controls and everything show fine in the original Malcolm file (aside from the Picker not displaying things, but I suppose that's the price to pay for using a Mac :( ).

Anyway, I've attached a link to a screenshot of how Malcolm appears once I've imported him into my scene (yes, I've taken away his hair, don't be alarmed!). Can anyone tell me where all the extra curves are coming from? I've tried selected them and going to Display>Hide>Selection, but then I inadvertently hide the controls I need, too. Since I can't select things directly from the Picker, and I cannot tell which controls to select from the rig itself, I'm at a loss for how to animate him. :(

https://dvorakamber.wordpress.com/animation/

Any help would be very much appreciated, as I really cannot afford to waste time on this project!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Please help! Malcolm importing strangely

Post by admin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Turn off Joints Display. Those are joints.

AmberLD

Post by AmberLD » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Goodness gracious, that was simple! I actually read this and fixed my problem a while ago; just stopping by to give my belated thanks! :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:09 pm

Ha, thanks!