Hands in IK following world, hips or shoulders

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
toutouffe
Hands in IK following world, hips or shoulders

Post by toutouffe » Mon May 21, 2012 12:22 am

Hi,

First of all, thanks again for sharing this rig, it is the best free rig I've ever worked with (and even better than most of the rigs I've worked with professionally).

I'm trying to find a way to key in whether the hand follows the hips or the world. I saw a post where it was said that the rig hadn't really been thought that way, and one solution might be to key in either malcolm:grp2ArmIkRt or malcolm:grpArmIkRt.
I've tried that but it doesn't work.

Basically I was wondering what I could key to have the hand following the hips on one frame and then the hand following the world on another ? There should be something in the outliner that the c, b or w buttons (found on the picker) affect.

Thanks a lot for your help.

toutouffe

Re: Hands in IK following world, hips or shoulders

Post by toutouffe » Mon May 21, 2012 12:33 am

Ok, went through the forum a bit more and found your response.

For anyone interested, it's on the grp1ArmIkLf node, and it's not in the main attributes, it's a bit further down (pressing s without selecting those specific attributes won't key them...

kboogie2323

Re: Hands in IK following world, hips or shoulders

Post by kboogie2323 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:52 pm

This really helped me out. would be nice if it was in an easier place to adjust instead of needing to go into the outliner. unless theres a Malcolm update i dont know about. thank you so much.