Maya crashes after keying Malcolm

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
vachan
Maya crashes after keying Malcolm

Post by vachan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Hey ,
I recently downloaded Malcolm v2. Amazing rig. Works fine when its the only thing in the scene. But if i import other stuffs and try to animate, maya crashes. It happens when i key malcolm and play it, or just scrub through time slider. I have tried importing different models, same thing happens every time. Please help me out!!! I badly wanna use this rig!!!!

Am using maya 2016 ext 2 sp1

admin
Site Admin

Re: Maya crashes after keying Malcolm

Post by admin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:38 am

I haven't heard of this ever happening before.
Do you mean that AnimSchool Picker is crashing or Maya? Is there any error message you can see.

Can you try it without using Viewport 2.0? It could be a graphics driver issue.

vachan

Post by vachan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Hey,

Its been resolved!!!!!

Thanks a lot for quick reply. I had attached a video reference also.. Am new here, might have done mistake somewhere uploading it, sorry for that.
And no, not the picker, Maya crashes. And i have tried switching view ports also. Same results. Malcolm v1 works fine, issue is just with v2.

Anyway, now its all fine. I was using import options before... went through the Malcolm Tour video again... followed the exact steps, And this time, i used "Create reference" to get the character in the Scene. And now it works!!!! Although I still don't know why import or drag and drop options are having issues. Anyway, as long as there is way to animate it, am fine with it...

Thanks again... And thanks a ton for the Amazing rig!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Ok glad to hear it!