Malcom 2.0 rig freezes my Maya 2018 student version

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
pablonihah
Malcom 2.0 rig freezes my Maya 2018 student version

Post by pablonihah » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Hello, I've been animating Malcolm 2.0 with the AnimSchool Picker on the Student version of Maya 2018. I'm on a Surface Pro 5 and everything was going just fine for a while. I got about 3/4 of the way done with my shot and now when I try to load up the file, I can see it loading all the way, but when it finishes, nothing shows up and it just freezes. I've tried loading a Malcolm rig into a clean/new scene, and I get a little farther, but still nothing shows up and then it freezes. I made sure I wasn't using Parallel Mode and have changed it to DG - still freezes. I've done a clean re-install of Maya, I've done a factory reset of my computer, but it still happens.

I know it's Malcolm because I can open and use files with other rigs without any problems.

I've sent the file to a friend of mine who has basically the same set up, and he's able to open my scene just fine.

I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas of what else I could try before I give up on this scene...?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Malcom 2.0 rig freezes my Maya 2018 student version

Post by admin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Try Maya 2018 Update 4 (2018.4)

Maybe something has gotten corrupted with that file. You may want to export the animation of that scene using ATOM to a new scene.