Problem with getting abxPicker to work even after renaming

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
moonbase7
Problem with getting abxPicker to work even after renaming

Post by moonbase7 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 am

Make sure you rename it to the same name as Malcolm. Is your Malcolm named "Malcolm:" You may have preferences set to name references something specific.

Hiya, I can't seem to get PIKR to work Ive followed all the instructions and the PIKR pops up fine but when I select any of the controls, I get an error in maya at the bottom right which says "
// Error: No object matches name: ctlNeck1

However, I've looked through this forums and I followed the instructions carefully and yet eventhough I've renamed the main_pikr in outliner to : malcolm:Main_PIKR , it still gives me the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's an amazing rig and I can't wait to use it...thanks everyone !

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with getting abxPicker to work even after renami

Post by admin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Make sure you rename it to the same name as Malcolm. Is your Malcolm named "Malcolm:" You may have preferences set to name references something specific.
moonbase7 wrote:

Hiya, I can't seem to get PIKR to work Ive followed all the instructions and the PIKR pops up fine but when I select any of the controls, I get an error in maya at the bottom right which says "
// Error: No object matches name: ctlNeck1

However, I've looked through this forums and I followed the instructions carefully and yet eventhough I've renamed the main_pikr in outliner to : malcolm:Main_PIKR , it still gives me the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's an amazing rig and I can't wait to use it...thanks everyone !