abxPicker maya 2011

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
ross
abxPicker maya 2011

Post by ross » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:22 am

Hi, i seem to be having trouble getting the PIKR to work, ive followed all the instructions and i can see everything fine in maya the PIKR pops up no problem but when i select a CTRL i get an error message saying // Error: No object matches name: Main_PIKR:ctlSpine1 i figured this was a naming thing and why i need to rename the PIKR but i dont know where or how to rename the picker.

Also if i create my own picker sheet if i close down maya and reopen the scene and decide to edit the picker sheet i made, if i delete a button i get a fatal error in maya

Any help here is greatly appriciated!!

Thanks

Ross

admin
Site Admin

Re: abxPicker maya 2011

Post by admin » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi! Rename the picker by selecting the node in the outliner:

Rename it to malcolm:Main_PIKR unless your malcolm has another namespace, such as malcolm1:
ross wrote:Hi, i seem to be having trouble getting the PIKR to work, ive followed all the instructions and i can see everything fine in maya the PIKR pops up no problem but when i select a CTRL i get an error message saying // Error: No object matches name: Main_PIKR:ctlSpine1 i figured this was a naming thing and why i need to rename the PIKR but i dont know where or how to rename the picker.

Also if i create my own picker sheet if i close down maya and reopen the scene and decide to edit the picker sheet i made, if i delete a button i get a fatal error in maya

Any help here is greatly appriciated!!

Thanks

Ross

ross

Re: abxPicker maya 2011

Post by ross » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:52 pm

a haaa i only changed the name of malcolm and left the two dots there, but when i delete them too and put in malcolm: it works.....THANKYOU !! :o)