what's behind a button

rabitosorus
what's behind a button

Post by rabitosorus » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:19 pm

hi ,
i'm a rigger using your anim picker.
althought, animators did their own picker using anim school picker, i'm suspecting that they've selectionned more than the controlers, when creating the buttons, resulting putting some key on some non desired node.

my question is : is there a way to "see" what is behind a button, what was the selection recorded when creating a button.. and also if there is a way to edit that ( from now, correct me if i'm wrong , but there is just the hability to add some more infos inside a button while there is no hability to delete some.)
If also tryied to look into the .PKR file but ther is no way to "read" these files proprely.

do you have any solution regarding my issue.. just want to make sure taht the picker for our feature film is done proprely and that animators are not messing up the anim scene by putting some key where they should not.

thanks for your help and your answers.

cheers.

J

admin
Site Admin

Re: what's behind a button

Post by admin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:02 pm

If you hover over a single (square) or multi-button (rounded), a popup menu will tell you what object(s) it selects.
If it's more than a few, it doesn't give detail on the rest, but if you select it, Maya will of course have those objects selected and you can list the selected objects in Maya via scripting.

You can edit what is being selected when you click a button easily. Select the object(s) you want it to select. Then control click on the button and in the right click menu select Update Button.

You may want to take a close look at the Malcolm picker to see some of the workflows. For example, you can make a command button to select sets then you can controls the contents of the sets easily on the rigging side.

Also, be sure to author the pickers in a REFERENCED file so it can be reused in a pipeline.

rabitosorus

Re: what's behind a button

Post by rabitosorus » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:26 pm

Thanks for your answer ... Sometimes the easiest way is the one you don ´t think about it , and is the most efficient . :)