Picker Mel/Python code

pandalope
Picker Mel/Python code

Post by pandalope » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:27 pm

I would like to make a button on my pickerset to swap the namespace to the currently selected character. I've written such code for the ABX picker where I simply figure out the namespace of whatever is selected, and in the active panel in the selection gui, I find the namespace it's set for and swap in the new one. Unfortunately, when I use the script editor to display all history, all I can get from it is the command to bring up the namespace selector:

AnimSchoolPicker "rebind" `picker_ListNamespaces`;

I'd love to be able to make a smarter button to simply run whatever is going on in that dialogue box instead of having to manually hunt and find the character I want.

If you can provide me with the snippet of code to control querying and changing the namespace for a tab, I'd happily share my code for a button that will swap the current tab to the namespace for the currently selected character.

pandalope

Re: Picker Mel/Python code

Post by pandalope » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:11 pm

For real? No admin can give me this snippet of code? It'll make the pickers so much more powerful to have a button to swap to the current char when you have multiple characters and a shared rig setup.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:06 pm

I don't think we have that ability. Checking.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:57 pm

AnimSchool Picker does not have that ability. We have added that to the development list though, thanks!

jlally

Post by jlally » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Apologies if this question has been asked & answered somewhere else, but I was wondering if Animschool offered and/or sold licenses to the Animschool picker source code? Thanks in advance!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:24 pm

We do license AnimSchool Picker with unbranding and customizations to a studio, yes. Email us at support@animschool.com

jlally

Post by jlally » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Thank you - I'll be emailing soon!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:23 pm

pandalope wrote:For real? No admin can give me this snippet of code? It'll make the pickers so much more powerful to have a button to swap to the current char when you have multiple characters and a shared rig setup.
The more common workflow for multiple characters is to open multiple tabs and (if they're the same character, for instance) attach a different namespace to each one. You use the different tab for the different characters. Does that make sense?