It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:24 pm 

I followed the video instructions on how to download and install the ANIMSchool Picker and I keep messing it up somehow. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

1. I moved the Maya2017_picker folder to the C/user/document/Maya folder.
2. I moved the Mel script, the installation doc, and the icon to the Maya2017_picker folder.
3. I opened the installation doc and replaced the path for loading the plugin.
4. I entered the script into the Maya script editor but it came up as an error. It said it could not be found on the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.
5. As we all do, I turned to the internet for help. I found a video on how to add ANIMschool picker to your MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH and tried to follow those instructions but it did not work for me. Plus the resolution is low on the video and I couldn't make out whether one of the symbols was a =, -,or "

MAYA_PlUG_IN_PATH (what is this I have no idea because it's so blurry) C:\Users\Belson\Documents\maya\Plugins;

Unfortunately, this did not help and I'm currently at a road block. Also, I'm not sure if this has something to do with it but under maya\2017 I don't have a Plugins folder at all. I have folders for prefs, presets, scripts, and user.toolcilps but not a Plugins folder. I had to make one.

Anyway, I tried to make the steps I took as clear as possible but let me know if more information is needed. I really want to practice animation but I'm having a lot of problems troubleshooting things like this. I know I sound really clueless and that's because I am. If anyone has any advice for someone who just started using Maya recently that would be much appreciated, thank you.