Picker and mirror pose question

Kasdeja
Picker and mirror pose question

Post by Kasdeja » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:24 am

Hi guys. This is my first post. I just discovered Anim school last night and I am very impressed and interested in doing a course at some time, when I can afford the time. I am incredibly grateful for the gift that is the anim school picker as it seems to be the missing link in my workflow, I would have gladly paid for this script as a standalone product. I realise that you guys are probably more focused on providing support to students but I thought I might ask this question anyway. Thankyou in advance for any advice.

In Short. I am trying to use the picker on a custom rig/character and I would like to somehow get the mirror pose script from the Malcolm rig to work with my character's controllers. I am pretty much illiterate to Mel scripting but I was hoping that I could change some names in the script and apply that to the main controls in my rig. Is there a way to do this or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I will appreciate any advice you may have. And once again thank you for the community tools. I hope I can do one of your character animation courses some time soon as they look fantastic.

Regards.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Picker and mirror pose question

Post by admin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:06 pm

You can certainly edit the existing script, but you'd have to identify or make similar transform nodes in your rig.

Or you could get someone to write a mirror script just for your character.