namespace issue and questions

jzone32
namespace issue and questions

Post by jzone32 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:41 am

Hello all,

I have a problem where i created a picker for a character while it was not referenced thinking I would be able to use the change namespace feature to add a namespace. Upon referencing it in a scene I noticed that no namespaces show up and the picker does not work any more (which makes sense) I was wondering if there is any way to add the namespace in? Anyway to see the code and do a search and replace? or will I have to remember to always create pickers on characters that have namespaces?

Thanks!

Jason Lindsay

admin
Site Admin

Re: namespace issue and questions

Post by admin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Sorry. Yes, you have to create the picker in a referenced file.
There is no way to add namespace afterwards, but we are currently adding that feature.

jzone32

Post by jzone32 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Oh cool! Thanks for making an already amazing tool even greater! Looking forward to the update!

Kelly Vawter

Post by Kelly Vawter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:11 am

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this was already answered but i'm having a blank namespace issue as well.. Here's whats going on. I'm using the Pete rig from Long Winter Studios and they've provided a free picker for their character. I'm in the middle of a scene with this character so I attempt to open this picker but the name space is empty? I'm failing to find a way around this or understand why this picker won't work.

Thank you in advance! :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:03 pm

If the Picker was authored with the character referenced in (which is the best way), you have to do the same. That way, you can assign it to the proper namespace.

Sounds like you opened or imported the file. Try *referencing* the rig in.