Rig very slow to open and causing PC to lock up

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
leobobo
Rig very slow to open and causing PC to lock up

Post by leobobo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Hey everyone, I'm really enjoying using this rig. However I have noticed a problem and I'm not sure if anyone else has ran into the same issue. When I open my file to animate, it loads to 98% and then becomes very slow and my PC will freeze for about 5 - 10 mins. eventually the file will load and I can use it, but sometimes freezes up for a minute at a time when animating. Is this an issue anyone else has had? If so is there a way to fix it?
I am using maya 2011 x64 and windows 7 on PC.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Rig very slow to open and causing PC to lock up

Post by admin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Strange. Malcolm should always fun very fast.

Try importing the reference. In Reference Editor>File>Import Objects From Reference.
leobobo wrote:Hey everyone, I'm really enjoying using this rig. However I have noticed a problem and I'm not sure if anyone else has ran into the same issue. When I open my file to animate, it loads to 98% and then becomes very slow and my PC will freeze for about 5 - 10 mins. eventually the file will load and I can use it, but sometimes freezes up for a minute at a time when animating. Is this an issue anyone else has had? If so is there a way to fix it?
I am using maya 2011 x64 and windows 7 on PC.

Thanks!

leobobo

Post by leobobo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:24 am

Hey, thanks for your reply. I tried importing, but the problem was still there. So I did some troubleshooting and it turns out my sound file was causing the problem! I made a file of the same animation without my sound file and it opens fine. Now I'm just removing the file before I save. I am going to try the sound file with another rig in order to find out if it is just that sound file or a problem that occurs when using that sound file with malcolm.
It's a .wav file.

leobobo

Post by leobobo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:25 am

Hey, thanks for your reply. I tried importing, but the problem was still there. So I did some troubleshooting and it turns out my sound file was causing the problem! I made a file of the same animation without my sound file and it opens fine. Now I'm just removing the file before I save. I am going to try the sound file with another rig in order to find out if it is just that sound file or a problem that occurs when using that sound file with malcolm.
It's a .wav file.