It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Malcolm Geo Explosion
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm
Posts: 3
Hi there, I firstly wanted to extend my huge thanks for making this rig available to the anim community - its really fantastic and I am keeping a keen eye on anim school as it also seems to be heading toward greatness so thank you. :D

Anyway I am having a go with the Malcolm rig and encountered a weird issue with his torso/hands geo exploding.
It seems to have happened between saves and I have no idea what I have done!? :?
The rig is referenced into the scene and another rig referenced into the same scene is fine.

I have attached an image to show what I mean, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.


Attachments:
MalcolmTorsoExplosion.jpg
MalcolmTorsoExplosion.jpg [ 150.45 KiB | Viewed 5416 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:21 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm
Posts: 471
Hi. Sometimes this happens when you scale a rig part to 0 accidentally.

Or, it could be a scene corruption. If so, the best option is to save out the animation using dkAnim (look on creativecrash) and remove malcolm and bring in a new one and load the animation onto him.

If you post it somewhere and email us a link, I might be able to look at it.

brewery wrote:
Hi there, I firstly wanted to extend my huge thanks for making this rig available to the anim community - its really fantastic and I am keeping a keen eye on anim school as it also seems to be heading toward greatness so thank you. :D

Anyway I am having a go with the Malcolm rig and encountered a weird issue with his torso/hands geo exploding.
It seems to have happened between saves and I have no idea what I have done!? :?
The rig is referenced into the scene and another rig referenced into the same scene is fine.

I have attached an image to show what I mean, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm
Posts: 3
Hi Dave and thanks so much for the swift reply.

I tried dkAnim and couldnt quite get it to work unfortunately, I'll try mayas native anim export too and see if thats any better/easier to use.

I haven't a clue what I did but it seems to go right back to earlier saved versions but I never noticed until closing and re-opening maya that something had gone wrong.

Thank you loads for your time!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:04 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm
Posts: 471
dkAnim is really good for storing and applying animation. You may have to use the Search and Replace feature if the character has a different namespace. For example, if the new malcolm is called malcolm1: instead of malcolm: (likely), you will have to put those into the search and replace box:
replace: "malcolm:"
with: "malcolm1:"


brewery wrote:
Hi Dave and thanks so much for the swift reply.

I tried dkAnim and couldnt quite get it to work unfortunately, I'll try mayas native anim export too and see if thats any better/easier to use.

I haven't a clue what I did but it seems to go right back to earlier saved versions but I never noticed until closing and re-opening maya that something had gone wrong.

Thank you loads for your time!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm
Posts: 3
Hi Dave, got it to work thanks :)

Reloaded my malcolm reference with the same name as the exported anim from dk.anim, then imported the dk.anim data and it seems to have worked!

Thank you very much for your time as I know how busy you must be,

Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm
Posts: 471
Excellent! Happy times.
Dave

brewery wrote:
Hi Dave, got it to work thanks :)

Reloaded my malcolm reference with the same name as the exported anim from dk.anim, then imported the dk.anim data and it seems to have worked!

Thank you very much for your time as I know how busy you must be,

Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group