Problem with Malcolm picker

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
Laozin
Problem with Malcolm picker

Post by Laozin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:41 am

Hi everybody,

It's my first question here. I'm starting animation on Maya 2014 and I download this fabulous Malcolm v1.09 (http://www.animschool.com/malcolmInfo.aspx)!

I read how to install "animSchool Picker". I have no problem with this, it works.

After that, I decided to use Malcom, so I followed instructions :
1- I downloaded the zip "malcolm_v109Maya2009" (inside, 3 files : malcolm_v109.ma , malcolmBody_v109.pkr, malcolmFace_v109.pkr)

2- I open Maya on a new scene, I want to select Reference "malcolm.ma". Here, I said in my mind, ok isn't same name but just "malcom_v109.ma" so no worry about this. Everything is fine, I can see the caracter on my scene.

3- I open the window animSchoolPicker and I open the file "malcolmBody_v109.pkr". First thing happens. Maya ask me to choose namespace in "malcom_v110". Maybe it's normal so I clic on "ok". The pickerfile is now open and I can see the body with all buttons.

4- I just want to test a button. I clic on "All". Script editor write me an error :
"// Error: line 1: No object matches name: malcolm_v110:controls".
Ok, maybe I need to change the namespace to solve this problem because it's "malcolm_v109" and not "malcolm_v110". So in the picker windon, I select picker>changenamespace and I modify the name in "malcom_v109". I try again, clic "All", same problem :
"// Error: line 1: No object matches name: malcolm_v109:controls"

I don't know how I can fix this problem. Obviously I have a problem with controls.
I'm currently looking a solution on this forum to fix this but if anybody can help me, that's will be very helpfull.
Thanks in advance :)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Malcolm picker

Post by admin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:26 pm

The namespace in your scene just has to match up with the Picker.

What is the namespace? It sounds like you also had an old version of malcolm, malcolm.ma

You want to reference in malcolm_v109.ma

Then your namespace will probably be malcolm_v109.ma.

Either way, just set the namespace to the right thing in Picker, Change Namespace and it will work.

Laozin

Post by Laozin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I downloaded the last version of Malcolm last sunday.
Whatever, It works! :)

I followed your advice, I set the namespace in Picker (maybe I did a mistake the first time).

Thanks a lot!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Great!