I dont use the picker

Discuss anything related to the Malcolm Rig here!
RiPPeR7666
I dont use the picker

Post by RiPPeR7666 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:27 am

although the ABX picker is nice, I really don't like using it. I like seeing everything in my scene as i work and i don't want to have the ABX picker taking up part of my work area. but i also don't want to look at all those controls while I'm blocking. a lot of these controls are awesome for polish but unrealistic for blocking and often find myself selecting the wrong control and getting frustrated. Ive watched both the videos and their awesome. I am using Maya 2012. i think if there was just the controls you use for blocking in a layer then the controls for polish in another then that would be awesome. and yes i know about the less and more control button on the ABX picker but it doesn't get rid of a whole lot. awesome rig guys i cant wait to get some stuff done with him and you guys are the best for the support! :D

thanks again for the help.

Oh yea Ive tried to put them in layers myself but i cant because of the parenting hierarchy.

admin
Site Admin

Re: I dont use the picker

Post by admin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:39 am

Hi! You have to put the controls' shape nodes into layers, not the controls themselves. Normally, you can select a group of controls and down arrow, then possibly use left/right to select the shape nodes.

If we could get a list from someone on what exactly they want showing/not showing, we can add another button on our end also.
RiPPeR7666 wrote:although the ABX picker is nice, I really don't like using it. I like seeing everything in my scene as i work and i don't want to have the ABX picker taking up part of my work area. but i also don't want to look at all those controls while I'm blocking. a lot of these controls are awesome for polish but unrealistic for blocking and often find myself selecting the wrong control and getting frustrated. Ive watched both the videos and their awesome. I am using Maya 2012. i think if there was just the controls you use for blocking in a layer then the controls for polish in another then that would be awesome. and yes i know about the less and more control button on the ABX picker but it doesn't get rid of a whole lot. awesome rig guys i cant wait to get some stuff done with him and you guys are the best for the support! :D

thanks again for the help.

Oh yea Ive tried to put them in layers myself but i cant because of the parenting hierarchy.

RiPPeR7666

Re: I dont use the picker

Post by RiPPeR7666 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:13 pm

thanks alot for the quick reply. i will get a list together and let you know thanks so much for the help. i'll post back soon