Female Malcolm IK arms

Discuss anything related to user mods of the Malcolm Rig
Martin
Female Malcolm IK arms

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi!
First of all, I want to say thanks for such an amazing rig! :D
My problem is that I'm using the female Malcolm rig in Maya 2011, and I cannot find the controller to switch the arms to IK. I think in the Malcolm rig standard it's in the circular controller around the wrist. But it's not there in the female Malcolm.

Any clue, please?

Martin

tinylittlesandra

Re: Female Malcolm IK arms

Post by tinylittlesandra » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:54 am

Same for me Martin! Great rig though, I really appreciate it - badly needed a female rig.

But as my character's elbows are leaning on a table, I really need the IK arms :(

Anybody know where the change over option is? Thanks :)

tinylittlesandra

Post by tinylittlesandra » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:57 am

Same for me Martin! Great rig though, I really appreciate it - badly needed a female rig.

But as my character's elbows are leaning on a table, I really need the IK arms :(

Anybody know where the change over option is? Thanks :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:19 am

Watch the videos on the download page. There are ik controllers with an "ik" attribute for switching. There are also snapping buttons and space switching.

tinylittlesandra

Post by tinylittlesandra » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks Dave, I will watch them again. I cant the GUI Picker to appear on the girl, which is a clearer way of getting through all the controls. I will just have to sit down and send time with it (I'm not the most tech savvy of people, but I'll get there).

For now though Martin, a friend showed me the control in which you can switch over to IK. The way I positioned my character and posed her arms using FK, meant that the control we are looking for, in my case was inside a prop... so I couldn't see it - doh!
Here's the image my friend sent me: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4506109/ik.jpg