Can't use picker without internet access

leobanimator
Can't use picker without internet access

Post by leobanimator » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:33 pm

Hey all,

Tee PC i use for animating does not have internet access. I've always used this picker and it seems whatever changes to the script have been made have now made it unusable for me which really sucks. I can't hit use as trial. It gives me the error "there was an error trying to get a valid license".

Is there anyway we can make it possible to download a trial license? The picker has become a key element of my workflow and now it's gone :(

fung

Re: Can't use picker without internet access

Post by fung » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:00 am

We also working without internet access in our studio , looking forward administer can help ... :cry:

jmew1989

Post by jmew1989 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:15 am

@Animschool
Don't you dare reply this
Screenshot_1.png
It DOESN't work

Stop retro-blocking tool after sharing it for free when people are already needing it everyday

THANK YOU so much

SarpSerter

Post by SarpSerter » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 am

Okay.. So I might have a solution for this. I found the Animschool License file inside C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AnimSchoolPicker

its called License.lic

So if you get this file from a pc that has internet connection. I think you can take it to the pc with no internet connection somehow place in same folder and it should not give the NO VALID LICENSE error when you click trial.

Now.. My issue.. Is that my no internet accses computer that I need to use Animschool Picker on is a linux. And I have no idea what location Animschool is looking for the license file in linux.

Does anyone have any ideas?
What is the AppData/Roaming equivilent in Linux?

Thank you